Home of the Eagles
Marsh Valley High School
Boys-Girls Varsity Track
Attention MV Athletes!!!
If your goal is to get faster and jump higher JOIN the track team this spring
Track and field is the best way to improve speed and jumping ability. If you're interested in joining track, tap the link below and fill out the form.
First day of practice is February 28th!
Track starts in less than a month!!! Our first official practice is Feb 28th
Here is a general workout plan for February for Sprinters and Jumpers. Distance, talk to Coach Sara. Throwers, I'll meet with you to go over lifting plan.
This is a top speed day. After warming up (now we call it Activation) Do 3 all out sprints with 5 minutes rest
It doesn't seem like much, but our goal it to get faster, not feel tired.
- Monday do 3x40 meter sprints from standing start take 5 minutes between to fully recovery
- Wednesday do 3x10 meter flys. This will take a 25 to 35 meter build up, then be at top speed for the 10 meters. Rest 5 minutes between
This is a random plyo/lifting day. Don't over due it. You can play basketball, lift weights, or do some plyometrics. Jumpers, you can do some run throughs and take off technique these days.
We are REALLY EXCITED about this season.
Complete twice a week. Rest about 1 minute between each set. Start with low weight until you get the hang of it.
The first number is how many sets you do. The second number is how many reps you do for each set. For Example, 3x5 means you do the movement 5 times, then rest 1 minute, then 5 times, then rest 1 minute, then 5 times.
- 3x5 Sport Back Squat
- Don't go as low as the video shows
- Feet shoulder-width apart
- Toes pointing forward
- Push knees out over toes
- Stop at or before legs get to a 90 degree angle
- Drive up by pushing your feet and big toe in the ground
- Squeeze your butt as you go up.
- 3x5 Incline Bench
- 2x8 Hex Bar Drop Jumps
- Add 5 to 10 LBS at a time. Don't use more than 25's on each side
- Start with a hop
- Then an explosive 1/4 squat jump
- As you jump, push through the big toe
- Reset and go again
- 2x6 Plyo Push Ups
- Explode up as hard as you can
- If you can't get off the ground on a regular push up, Do them from your knees
- You can also do them at an angle from a bench or plyo box to make them easier
- 2x6 RDL's
- Slight bend in your knees
- Go down to a 3 count
- Keep back and head straight
- Bend at the waist
- To come up, drive big toes in the ground and push hips forward
- 2x8 Dumbbell Fly's
- Just do the fly's starting at the 1:37 time mark. The others can be added later
- He does them on an incline bench. Just do them on a flat bench
- 2x8 Dumbbell Sport Step Up
- Drive through your big toe
- Keep your heal from touching
Focus on keeping the ankle flexed and the toes up until push off. On push off, release the ankle, driving the toes into the ground as you push off.
- Claw Drill 10x
- Straight Leg Jumps 10x
- Jumps From 1/4 Squat 10x
- Explosive 1/4 Squat Jumps 10x
- Walking 30m
- Sport Lunges 30m
- Built Up's 2x30m
- Standing A March 10x
- A March 30m
- A Skip 30m
- Build Ups 2x30m
- Ankling 30m
- A Run 30m
- Straight Leg Run 30m
- Straight Leg Bounds 30m
- Singl Leg RDL's 20x each
- Build Ups 2x30m
Indoor track is voluntary. We invite all athletes who aren't doing a winter sport to join us. Athletes are responsible for all fees and transportation. We can provide uniforms.
Daily practices can be done in the school hallways, weight room, and outside. We will do our best to post training plans.
Holt Arena Practice Dates:
- Time: 7 to 9 pm
- Jan 3
- Jan 10
- Jan 25
- Feb 14
Indoor Meet Schedule
Click each meet for registration info and event schedule
- Jan 14: ISU Snake River Open Holt Arena Pocatello
- Jan 21-22 BYU HS Indoor Invite Smith Fieldhouse Provo, UT
- Jan 28 ISU Stacy Dragila Invite Holt Arena Pocatello
- Feb 11 Mountain States Games THIS MAY NOT HAVE HIGH SCHOOL EVENTS
- Feb 17-19 Simplot Games Holt Arena Pocatello
If you have any questions contact Coach Tyson 2082517094